Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Puppy

So we made the daring decision to have Santa send a puppy this year for Christmas. We stayed at my mom's house this year because we picked up the puppy in Phoenix. We all expected a big show Christmas morning, but Naomi wasn't convinced at first that this was all for real when she saw the puppy. But she warmed up quick and by time we got home, she was feeling much more convinced that this puppy was really staying with us.






This is my nephew Brecken. They came down for the week from Idaho.

This is my favorite. Jeff loves the dog and is expecting a great hunting companion.

Oh, and his name is Rusty. He is a half German Short Haired Pointer and half-- we don't know.
My easy life is officially over as I now have a "newborn" -- midnight walks in the sub zero temperatures and getting up at 6:00 a.m. ( I know, I was spoiled, I didn't really have to get up before 8:00 a.m. if I didn't want to.)
We are hoping this will apease Naomi for awhile and stop asking for the baby brother.

2 comments:

Annell said...

Congratulations!! Looks like a little boxer in him, maybe?!

Sam said...

Yeah and you didn't name him Scotty or anything confusing like that. What fun. Holly and I were very surprised that you guys would take the plunge. Holly said " how come I don't get a puppy for Christmas? " :) Looks like a great dog. A very good hunting companion indeed.